Are you a bride-to-be who does not get fascinated by the quintessential, sparkling solitaires? While these lustrous stones are mesmerizing, there are other equally stunning diamond settings to commemorate this special milestone of your life with an equally remarkable style quotient.
A piece of jewelry that constantly reminds you of your love, commitment, and those special proposal moments; don’t we all seek that perfect engagement ring we shall wake up smiling to each day? Choosing the right style is paramount in this exciting (and overwhelming at the same time) selection process. Start your forever by deciding on your ring setting.
Laying the Ground: What Is a Ring Setting?
Sometimes considered as a fifth facet that uplifts the power of the 4C’s, a ring setting serves as a rock-solid foundation that extends a timeless appeal. Reminiscent of a strong, fulfilling relationship, the setting refers to how the diamonds and other gemstones are set in a ring, influencing its design.
The ring setting enhances the beauty of your diamond, swaying the direction of the ultimate aesthetic style. The setting defines it all, from the metal type to the shank style.
Factors To Consider While Selecting a Diamond Ring Setting
Just like in life, when you decide to take a leap of faith to enter into a holy union filled with true love, commitment, and integrity, choosing a ring too can entail an array of emotions. Helping you kickstart this beautiful phase of life, there are several considerations to be made for selecting a ring setting.
Before selecting the diamond setting, you must pick between the various metals – the traditional yellow gold, modern white or rose gold, or platinum. Determining the width of the shank will ascertain how well the ring “sits” on your finger. Then, your preferred center stone placement at a higher or lower level will impact the final design. Lastly, you can customize your ring by inscribing a personal message or charm that holds sentimental value.
PRO TIP: Your engagement ring setting should correspond to the kind of lifestyle you possess, i.e., active or easy-going. Accordingly you may opt between a sturdy or a fairly delicate setting.
Seal The Deal: Different Diamond Ring Settings for Engagement Rings
Taking you down the historical lane, the concept of exchanging rings is credited to the glorious gesture of Archduke Maximillian of Austria when he asked Mary Burgundy to be his bride in 1477. Since then, engagement ring designs have been continuously evolving.
You must have probably heard about the most common pronged or solitaire style when it comes to diamond ring settings. Hugely varying in personality, some engagement rings exude a bold, maximalist vibe, while some others are more delicate and minimal. Depending on your taste, you can go for a setting that resonates with you. With numerous moldings available in the market, you are spoilt for choice, and fairly so. After all, it is all about love, isn’t it?
Read on as we guide you through this process. Know some of our top recommended engagement ring settings that are sure to make a dazzling statement.
1. Three Stone Diamond Setting: A style made popular by Meghan Markle when she walked hand in hand with Prince Harry. The three-stone or trilogy ring consists of a center diamond bound between two smaller side stones such as diamonds or precious gemstones. These stones together represent the couple’s past, present, and future as they mesh closely together. These rings boast intense sparkle and brilliance while accommodating multiple larger diamonds or colored stones. Making your ring appear larger, it provides great scope for contrasting elements.
These 14K white gold trilogy rings sensationally express the wearer’s unique personality. While the first one combines vintage elegance with contemporary flair, the diamond and sapphire side stones accentuate the shimmering central stone. The diamond and baguette encrusted ring beautifully mix the sought-after three stone with halo styles, replete with a cathedral shank. A classic stunner, we must say!
On the flip side, this setting requires more maintenance and poor pairing can destroy its aura completely.
2. Bypass Diamond Setting: Popularized during the Victorian Era, bypass engagement rings feature elegant curves and spirals befitting that time. Given their unique design, these rings can be modified to adhere to both your dramatic and minimalist style. As the center stone is elegantly held from two sides, this setting thrives on the overlapping or separating components of the design, giving it its intricate flavor.
These 14k white gold bypass diamond engagement rings tightly embrace the scintillating center stone, protectively securing it, regaling us with a charmingly crafted love story. A highly versatile stand-alone style, who remembers the captivating proposal Moi et Toi ring adorned by megastar Meghan Fox?
3. Twisted Ring Setting: Twisted engagement rings come in numerous varieties, wherein the shank encircling the finger is split, which intertwines at the center. Immersed in deep meaning, this band is reminiscent of an infinity sign, symbolizing your forever.
These daring rings running in criss-cross silhouette are a bridal delight as they illuminate the 1ct center stones splendidly.
4. The Halo Setting: It refers to the positioning of the diamonds or gemstones encircling the center stone in a coordinating fashion. Creating a larger-than-life illusion, halos can be designed in different shapes while mainly using pave diamonds. It enhances the sparkle and protects the center stone firmly while creating an attractive contrasting effect. For a deeply in love couple, the romanticism around a halo perfectly represents their true love.
As they radiate an intense, angelic sparkle, these 14k round halo rings encapsulate a classic vibe, while the starry halo adds that glamorous extravaganza. The accented diamonds lure one’s attention to the glistening 1ct central diamond.
5. Floral Diamond Setting: Flower settings refer to a clustered setting that features a central stone surrounded by smaller stones that serve as petals. While these rings emulate the colorful, fragrant flowers, they add immense grace and character to your jewel. Seeped in deep meaning, this setting embodies a blossoming relationship while paying homage to feminine nuances such as tender appeal and elegance.
Making picture-perfect rings in both metal colors, these natural elements of leaves and branches add a touch of gleeful intertwining, showcasing a harmonious relationship. Doesn’t it transport you to seventh heaven?
6. Hidden Halo Setting: Leaving a lasting impression, a hidden or an invisible halo resorts to a setting wherein the center diamonds rest above the accented halo. This style dazzles intensely through all angles and is perfect for a sartorial fashionista bride who loves all things understated. Epitomizing divinity, hidden halos represent the purity of your relationship.
Providing definite structure, don’t these pave diamond-embellished bands complement the brilliant oval and round-cut diamonds, respectively?
Having spoilt you for choice, Gabriel & Co. houses myriad designs of diverse ring settings. So, are you ready to shine bright like a diamond?